Yinz Sound Like Jagoffs

It’s official.

Yinzer, a.k.a. the official language of Pittsburgh, has been voted the

WORST ACCENT IN AMERICA!

I am oddly proud.

Here is a fabulous example of the horrendous accent:

As is this:

I chose this Pittsburgh Dad one because I will be making a sojourn to IKEA this weekend–for my new hause n’at. I don’t need a cauch, but I will prolly get some meatbawls. And I want the giant print of the Pixburgh skyline to hang behind my cauch and pretend I’m doin the news wit Sally Wiggin.

That video made me laugh so hard.

I really want a hoagie right now.

This entry was posted in Etc., humor and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Yinz Sound Like Jagoffs

1. hemcfeely says:

LOL! I’ve never heard a Pittsburgh accent before. It’s bad, but I still say Boston is worse. But then again, I’m from the Midwest and I’ve got nothing to brag about in term of accent. I’ve noticed that I never pronounce the “g” in “ing” words and pen and pin are the exact same word.

2. Kari says:

The Pittsburgh accent is a new one to me, but I’m from east Texas so compared to what I usually hear, it sounds very refined!

3. Goody says:

I’ve heard much, much worse-but I’m from Chicago where we say thing like, “I only bake with real budder.” Budder from the Soutside.
    Yeah, the Pittsburgh accent is sounding better as I type.

4. Courtney says:

Having had long exposure to both Pittsburgh and Boston accents, I feel qualified to weigh in on this issue.

Clearly the participants in this survey have never heard a full on North Shore of Massachusetts accent coming out of a kid, because that’s the worst. (Sorry, anyone from Nahant or Peabody who reads this)

Yinz forever, frappes* never.

*frappes: what people in Boston call a milkshake. A milkshake is something different.

5. Rusty Cunningham says:

Being from the land of “Fargo”, I am not going to say a word, ya’ knooooow !!?

6. Conor Bofin says:

Wow that lady would be hard to listen to across the breakfast table. As for the wierdo in Ikea…..

7. Jill says:

What is it about this award? I am oddly proud too!