Twin Peaks Tuesday: Jerry’s Baguette with Brie & Butter

You know, I never intended for these Twin Peaks posts to be food-themed, but it makes sense since this is a food blog, and Twin Peaks is such a food-centric show.

Proof: this scene where for about 2 minutes Ben & Jerry Horne (yes, like the ice cream guys) wax poetic and chow down on some sandwiches that Jerry brought back from France.

Now, how exactly one would get cheese sandwiches through customs is beyond me; but let’s face it, Twin Peaks isn’t the most logical of fictional towns, now is it?

DSCN0520[1]There are 3 ingredients:
1. Baguette
2. Brie
3. Butter

Slice open Baguette. Spread with softened butter. Top with sliced Brie.

You can eat it as is, but I microwaved it a bit to get the cheese a little squishy.

Here is the sandwich–wrapped in wax paper, just like Jerry’s.

DSCN0523[1]

DSCN0525[1]

Since there are only 3 ingredients, the quality of said ingredients is important. But, since I was shopping at my Safeway, the quality wasn’t the best. But who cares? Cheese, bread and butter? Even the cheap stuff is delicious.

Seriously delicious. I think that if I was eating the really good French stuff, I’d be housing that baguette just like Ben & Jerry.

This entry was posted in Food, Recipes, Retro Food, Retro Recipes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Twin Peaks Tuesday: Jerry’s Baguette with Brie & Butter

1. John says:

I have to thank you for all your Twin Peaks mentions in your recent posts, Because of you I recently started watching the show on NetFlix and I’m totally hooked.

That’s so cool! I’m glad that you’re enjoying it. I can’t wait for the box set that’s coming out at the end of the month!

• John says:

I don’t think I ever would have seen it without your mentions, It’s such a neat show!

And Yeah, Seems like it’s a good time to get into the series. Heard something about 90 minutes of extra footage being added to it at the end of the month.

Yep. The box includes both seasons, Fire Walk With Me and a crapload of unreleased footage.
        So stoked!

2. Angie says:

They make that look so good I think I would be disappointed when I had it, like it is being over hyped. I wonder if it has more to do with Jean and Ginny by the lake? Either way it won’t stop me from trying it since I have 2 of the 3 ingredients and will be my TJ’s this weekend to get a good baguette.

3. Betsy says:

I love bread & cheese as much as Homer Simpson loves doughnuts, yum!

4. Retro Rover says:

One of my all time favorite twin peaks moments!!!!!

retro rover