Blue Plate Specials
Hot From the Oven
- Twin Peaks Eats: Cherry Chocolate Pie (1966)
- PIEATHALON 4: Betty Crocker’s Chicken-Sausage Pies (1965)
- Twin Peaks Eats: Liberace’s Asparagus Vinaigrette
- Igloo Canapes (1950)
- Twin Peaks Eats: Black As Midnight Cocktail
- Twin Peaks Eats: Audrey’s Freshly Squeezed Cocktail
- Twin Peaks Eats: Garmonbozia Soup
- Twin Peaks Eats: Jerry’s Baguette With Brie & Butter
- Twin Peaks Eats: The Norwegians Are Leaving!
- Joan Crawford’s Pork Chops with Red Onions and Apple Rings
Brian! The Official DiS! Mascot
Peruse the Menu
Tags1980s almonds bacon Baking Baltimore Beef better homes & gardens Brian casserole cheese chicken Cocktails dating dessert eggs frankfurters fruit Ground Beef holiday food hot dogs Jell-O Lemon Mayonnaise mushrooms old bay Peas pie pineapple Pittsburgh potato Pudding Real Housewives Rice salad sauce Shrimp Soup television tomato twin peaks vintage cocktails Wieners Wiener Wednesday Wine X-Files
Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
FOOD! BOOZE! CATS! Yinzerella is back on Instagram!
Go Visit RetroRuth!
Tag Archives: vermouth
Happy Happy Hour! Here’s a little libation to heat things up while the US of A is under a bit of a cold spell. A bit o’ Scotch will warm your tootsies! Check it out! Also, ignore the big watermark … Continue reading
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I don’t have a lick of Irish in me, nor do I typically go out on St. Patrick’s Day, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t celebrate in my own, small ways. Last year I went … Continue reading
Happy Groundhog Day! In honor of this most bizarre of holidays, I made a dish from the 1971 cookbook, Gourmets & Groundhogs by Elaine Light. I found this volume at an antique store in Bedford, PA. Bedford is not on … Continue reading
Seems like a lot of people plan on celebrating tonight, at least based on the number of folks who have checked out my recipe for Corned Beef & Cabbage in the past week or so. I will be celebrating tonight … Continue reading
I know, I know, I know. Two weeks in a row without a Wiener Wednesday. But I’m giving you the only thing that could replace a Wednesday wiener, and that is tongue. I can’t even apologize for how dirty that … Continue reading