Blue Plate Specials
Hot From the Oven
- Joan Crawford’s Pork Chops with Red Onions and Apple Rings
- Bette Davis’ Spinach-Stuffed Filets
- Jack Warner’s Broiled Salmon–Vegetable Medley
- Hedda Hopper Cocktail
- Joan Crawford’s Spinach Salad
- Happy Birthday, William Shatner!
- Bette Davis’ Red Flannel Hash
- Joan Crawford Cookbook Giveaway!!!
- 128. Toasted Tuna Sandwiches
- Joan Crawford’s French Banana Salad (1928)
Brian! The Official DiS! Mascot
Peruse the Menu
Tags1980s almonds bacon Baking Baltimore Beef better homes & gardens Brian cake casserole cheese chicken Cocktails dating dessert eggs frankfurters fruit Ground Beef holiday food hot dogs Jell-O Lemon Mayonnaise mushrooms old bay Peas pie pineapple Pittsburgh potato Pudding Real Housewives Rice salad sauce Shrimp Soup television tomato vintage cocktails Wieners Wiener Wednesday Wine X-Files
Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
FOOD! BOOZE! CATS! Yinzerella is back on Instagram!
Go Visit RetroRuth!
Tag Archives: electric skillet
Happy New Year, kittens! The days of December 31 and January 1 are rife with superstition and things to do and not do in order to roll into the new year as a lucky duck and leave the bad parts … Continue reading
Hold on a second. Haven’t we seen this card before? Um. yeah we have! This ad appears on the “About Dinner is Served!” page. Check it: That was a little bit of Deja Vu, amiright? Speaking of Deja Vu, have you … Continue reading
I decided to take a break from the 1970s and try a recipe from one of my other vintage finds, The Electric Skillet Frypan Cookbook, which was published in 1955. I bought this lil’ cookbook when I purchased my electric … Continue reading