Last week I suggested that perhaps for this episode I’d make a Joan-approved cocktail. Well, then… I give to you the Hedda Hopper Cocktail, a.k.a Malice in Hollywood No. 1
- 1.5 oz Jim Beam Black Bourbon
- .5 oz Apricot brandy (Marie Brizard Apry)
- Add both ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass or tall shot glass.
- Twist a swatch of thin-cut lemon peel over the top.
But she also loved Joan Crawford’s French Banana Salad. So either we have completely different palates or ingredients are waaaay different over in the UK.
Maybe it’s because the apricot brandy wasn’t Marie Brizard Apry (whatever the hell that is)???
Verdict: this drink was malicious. Would Joan have liked it?
No fucking way. Jim Beam? As if. Miss Crawford only drinks vodka.
OK, darlings, let’s have Bette and Susan as Bette play us on out.
But be warned! This song is soooooooo damn catchy.
FYI, the contest to win a copy of “Cooking with Joan Crawford” is open until April 4! Enter HERE.