Hola! Bon Jour! Konnihciwa! Buon Giorno!
Remember how I put things up to a vote and you (and by “you” I mean Veg-O-Matic) decided that I would make Sauerbraten (a.k.a Pot Roast From the Motherland)? Well, I want to do that again just for shits and giggles. And also because I have such a hard time making decisions.
And also, I want to get a little audience participation on since this dinner will be
MY 80th DINNER!
How rad is that? I’m 75% of the way there!
This time around I chose strictly foreign fare–some of which was probably pretty out there for 1972. Were people eating a lot of Japanese food or Paella in the states then?
The last time I did this I did not share the photos, lest you be swayed by the weird 1970s photography on the recipe cards. But this time I thought, what the hell? The photography is the best part of these things!
So, darlings, here are the nominees. Vote wisely. And vote as much as you want!
49. Paella (Seafood & Chicken on Rice)
- Olive Cheese Puffs
- Green Salad with Wine Vinegar Dressing
- Hot Buttered French Bread
- Ice Cream with Pineapple Topping
- Crisp Cookies
- Cup of Clam Broth
- Steamed Rice
- Sliced Cucumbers with Vinegar-Soy Sauce
- Orange Sherbet
87. Veal Parmigiano
- Chilled Vermouth with Lemon Peel
- White Risotto with Zucchini
- Roasted Pepper Salad
- Italian Bread
- Sliced Oranges with Red Wine
- Pound Cake
118. Crepes Suzette
- Crepes filled with Orange Butter
- Other assorted fillings (ice cream, jam, custard, berries, etc.)