I am getting sooooooooo very close to the halfway point of the cards. Can you believe it? I can’t believe it.
So to commemorate this epic achievement I thought that I’d let you choose which card will be my 55th dinner. If you recall, the last time I asked you to vote, the winner was Sauerkraut Casserole. I experimented with the crock-pot to mixed results.
I have selected a variety of dinners but they are all full-day types of meals that include a lot of marinating and chilling and setting and glazing. And there may be some baking.
I’m not posting pictures because I want you to select a dinner based solely on what’s on the menu–not how godawful Marjon Promotions, Inc. (sorry!) photographed the food.
Here they are without further ado:
25. Sauerbraten, one of the national dishes of Germany
- Spaetzle (Card #95)
- Red Cabbage
- Bavarian Rye Bread
- Shoo Fly Pie (Card #96)
52. Shish Kebab, the middle eastern delight
- Lamb Shish Kebab
- Cracked Wheat Pilaff or Buckwheat Groats
- Fried Eggplant (Card #93)
- Bread Sticks
- Fruit Flavored Ice
107. Seafood Mousse, Jell-O’s oceanic cousin
- Cup of Bouillon
- Seafood Mousse with Grapefruit, Avocado, and Cherry Tomato
- Celery Amandine
- Dutch Crunch Rolls
- Lemon Pie Tarts
- Coffee and/or Tea
60. Orange Duck, or in France Duck a l’Orange
- Orange Duck
- Wild Rice
- Green Beans Almondine
- Dinner Rolls
- Whipped Jello Parfaits